- The Municipality is currently working on a Lucy Maud Montgomery Destination Development / Montgomery Park at 7512 Route 13.
- The Montgomery Park consists of a statue of L.M. Montgomery, 3 cats, a plaque for the founding families the Simpsons, MacNeills and Clarks, accessible washrooms, picnic shelters, a walking trail, playground equipment, gazebo, interpretive panels and a green space.
– L.M. Montgomery Destination Development – A Literary Tour as well as Communities of Interest are also part of the Montgomery Park Project. Iimagine is working in the Literary Tour and Arrivals and Departures is working on the Communities of Interest.
-A new concrete sidewalk was installed on Route 13 in front of the Cavendish Cemetery.
-A new wooden walkway was constructed on Cawnpore Lane from the Visitor Information Centre to the intersection of Route 6 and 13.
- The Municipality has completed a walking trail and low level lighting along Graham’s Lane.
- The Municipality’s Sewer Utility is also undertaking a number of upgrades.
- The Municipality is currently working on a Strategic Plan for the next 20 years. Upland Planning and Design Studio was awarded the RFP and Consultations will be continuing this fall.
- The 2017 Official Plan and Zoning and Subdivision Development Control Bylaw has been approved by the Minister.
- We will also be starting a new plan with community consultations this fall.