The Resort Municipality provides regulations and services related to building, land use planning and development for property owners, developers, commercial tenants, contractors and realtors.
Building a deck, constructing an addition, converting an existing space or designing a renovation? Most renovation, construction, building and development projects require a permit before the work can begin. Without proper permits, renovations can negatively impact the resale value of the property. Most importantly, permits are required for safety and to ensure that developments are in the appropriate zones.
The building season in PEI is short. Plan early and contact the municipal office before creating project designs. Initiate the permit process as soon as possible to ensure the project stays on track.
- 2017 Dangerous and Unsightly Premises Bylaw
- 2017 Summary Proceedings Bylaw
- 2017 Zoning Map
- 2017 Zoning and Subdivision Control (Development) Bylaw
- 2017 Official Plan
- 2017 Official Plan General Land Use Map
- 2017 Special Event Guidelines
- 2018 Signage Bylaw
- 2019 Cavendish Sewer Utility Bylaw
- 2019 Council Procedures and General Business Bylaw
- Council Remuneration Bylaw
- 2021 Access To Information and Protection of Personal Information Bylaw
- 2022 Emergency Measures Bylaw
- 2022 Election Bylaw
- 2022 Code of Conduct Bylaw